Leadership Quotes and Quotations

“Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote is a wonderful way to start off today’s blog. Last night was one of the best nights of the whole year, and truthfully has been for the last three years since I have been attending the “Leadership Celebration”. During this event students, faculty and staff are recognized for their time and efforts that go into making our “student life” here at Lynn such a positive experience. Throughout many blogs I mention the various activities I am involved in and what they mean to me, but last night’s event really makes everything worth while. By just being nominated, it’s a realization that people have noticed what you have done, and to those people a difference has been made.
The event was a wonderful experience for me this year. I had been nominated in four different categories, and received all four awards. In the past three years, I have done things not for the recognition, but for the satisfaction of knowing that I would be making a change on this campus if I put enough heart and soul into the few things that I do. Last year I had won “Campus Wide Program of the Year” for my Disability Awareness initiative as a whole, and this year I am pleased to say that I have done it again, but this time for the “Wheels to the Net” wheelchair basketball event. I really was not expecting to win something, but it just goes to show the amount of love and respect I have gotten for something that was once just a small idea.
On top of all of this the announcements for “Male and Female Student Leader of the Year” came out, and as my name was called I felt nothing but excitement. It is such a wonderful feeling to be given this honor, and I only hope that I will be able exceed this bar in my final year as part of this community. If I have learned anything from this event it’s that one should never do things just to be recognized, but do them because one feels the need to. Passion, love, and enthusiasm are three elements that are sure to get people to believe in you. If you have passion for something in your heart work hard to find it, if you have love surrounding your passion hold on it, and when you find that enthusiasm run with it because you never know who will be right behind you.
My idea’s started out small, but I never gave up on them. Sooner than I had seen it coming my visions, had become a reality. For all of the prospective students who come across this blog I hope you can take one thing away from this. You are in charge of your own leadership potential, you are given many resources to be successful, but it’s what you choose to do with them that matter most. No idea is too crazy to become a vision, and no vision is too large/small to become a reality… Trust me I would know :)
Thank you to everyone who has always believed in me as a Student, Leader, and a positive young woman. You will never truly understand how much you mean to me.
That’s all I have for now,
Happy Reading!


spacer gif


Very best leadership quotes and quotations from a huge number of sources. Here are the greatest quotes on leadership, from some of the most inspirational leaders who have ever lived, including General George Patton, Theodore Roosevelt, John Maxwell, and Vince Lombardi.



Ralph Waldo Emerson Leadership Quote:


"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
spacer gif
Quote on Leaders from an Unknown Author:

"Real leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary determination. "
~ Unknown
spacer gif
Margaret Mead Leadership Quotation:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
~ Margaret Mead




spacer gif

John C. Maxwell Leader Quote:


"A big man is one who makes us feel bigger when we are with him."
~ John C. Maxwell
spacer gif
Dwight Eisenhower Leadership Quote:

"Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. "
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
spacer gif
Lao Tzu Leader Quote:

"The leader is best,
When people are hardly aware of his existence,
Not so good when people praise his government,
Less good when people stand in fear,
Worst, when people are contemptuous.
Fail to honor people, and they will fail to honor you.
But of a good leader, who speaks little,
When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
The people say, 'We did it ourselves.'"
~ Lao Tzu
spacer gif
H. Ross Perot Leadership Quotation:

"Eagles don't flock - you have to find them one at a time. "
~ H. Ross Perot
spacer gif
Leadership Phrase from a Chinese Proverb:

"Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow."
~ Chinese Proverb
spacer gif
Calvin Lloyd Leadership Quotation:

"Nobody rises to low expectations."
~ Calvin Lloyd
spacer gif
Theodore Roosevelt Leadership Quote:

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. "
~ Theodore Roosevelt
spacer gif

arren G. Bennis Leadership Quotation:


"Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. "
~ Warren G. Bennis
spacer gif
Leadership Phrase from an Unknown Author:

"It is better to have one person working with you, than three working for you. "
~ Unknown
spacer gif
Walter J. Lippmann Leader Quote:

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on. "
~ Walter J. Lippmann
spacer gif
General George Patton Leadership Quote:

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
~ General George Patton
spacer gif
Vince Lombardi Leadership Quotation:

"Leaders aren't born, they are made. "
~ Vince Lombardi
spacer gif
Donald H. McGannon Leadership Quote:

"Leadership is action, not position."
~ Donald H. McGannon
spacer gif 
Max Lucado Leader Quote:

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd."
~ Max Lucado
spacer gif
John C. Maxwell Leadership Quotation:

"Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them."
~ John C. Maxwell
spacer gif
Albert Schweitzer Leader Quote:

" Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing. "
~ Albert Schweitzer
spacer gif
Unknown Author Leadership Quote:

"Leadership is about capturing the imagination and enthusiasm of your people with clearly defined goals that cut through the fog like a beacon in the light. "
~ Unknown
spacer gif 

No comments:

Post a Comment