What’s Your Excuse?



Are you notorious for making excuses, especially when it comes to getting in shape? Do you keep telling yourself you’ll start eating healthy and will work out tomorrow?

Take responsibility for your health and your life starting now. We have a lot more control over it than you may realize with our nutrition and exercise. I had no idea that I could not only control, but get rid of the autoimmune disease I was diagnosed with earlier this year. I also know firsthand, how easy it is to get stuck in the cycle of making excuses. I learned that you cannot blame your unhealthy habits on a medical condition, genetics, or your busy life. Ultimately, there are no good excuses.

Here are 10 of the worst excuses out there to be aware of. If you catch yourself saying one these, just remember that YOU are the only one holding yourself back from getting in the best shape of your life. No one else and no other circumstances are to blame.

1. “I know I need to work out, but I just don’t have the time right now.”
2. “It’s hard this time of year with holiday parties, traveling, etc. I will start in January so I can give it 100%.”
3. “I just went grocery shopping and don’t want to waste all that food.”
4. “It’s so hard to lose weight now that I’m older.”
5. “I’m just not motivated.”
6. “I tried it before and it was too hard.”
7. “I don’t like being sore all the time.”
8. “My husband loves me just the way I am.”
9. “I’m tired all the time and I don’t have the extra energy to work out.”
10. “I’m fine with how I look right now.”

Once you recognize there are simply no good excuses that exist, you can start focusing on all of the reasons why you need to make some changes to your health. This is so important! Even if you are at your ideal weight, you can still work towards living a healthier life. Start focusing on all the things you want in life and why those things are important to you. In other words, DECIDE what you want and COMMIT to doing everything it takes to get it.

This is the first and most difficult step in the whole process. It’s the step most people never take because it’s out of their comfort zone. Zig Ziglar says “everything you want in life is out of your comfort zone”. You’ve heard it before, but really THINK about those words. Take it up a notch and do something different than what you are doing right now and stop making these excuses once and for all. You have been using the word ‘tomorrow’ long enough.

Change is never easy… but I promise it will be worth it in the end.